Route Package Protection x Modern Merrigold
Shipping delays, lost-in-transit packages, and porch pirates stealing your online orders are frustrating, which is why we've partnered with Route Package Protection. Route provides package insurance for the most common issues that we experience when we shop online. Modern Merrigold covers the cost of Route package protection for all of our customers, so you can rest assured that your order with us is insured + protected. See below for easy instructions on how to resolve a shipping issue with Route.
1. Go to claims.route.com
2. Enter your email address & order number (include the MM prefix)
3. Provide any pertinent details that Route requires in order to process the claim
4. Route will provide an update/decision on your claim via email.
PACKAGES LOST IN TRANSIT (NO TRACKING UPDATES PAST INITIAL SCANS)
Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the last tracking update for United States domestic shipments (20 days for international shipments, including Canada unless a Canadian merchant is shipping within Canada in which case the 7 day domestic shipment timeline applies) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
DELIVERED BUT MISSING PACKAGES/STOLEN PACKAGES
Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received may be considered by Route as stolen and must be filed 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not mis-delivered or easily found around the premises.
Route does not cover:
- Packages that take longer than expected to arrive due to shipping carrier delays
- Quality control issues (please reach out to us at help@modernmerrigold if you encounter quality issues)
- Incorrectly input addresses at time of order
- Claims filed outside of their required timeframes (see above)
- Packages whose tracking is in "pre-shipment" status
If you have any questions about Route, please see their help section here: https://help.route.com/hc/en-us
Other helpful links: