Now Hiring: Studio Assistant (12/2021)
Position: Studio Assistant
Modern Merrigold Jewelry Co, an e-commerce jewelry brand based in Longview, Texas, is looking for an in house studio production & shipping assistant to support its production and shipping teams. We’re searching for someone mature, dedicated, willing to take ownership of their job, and interested in long term employment.
- Assist production team with creating jewelry components & assembling components into finished pieces
- Assist shipping team with generating packing slips & shipping labels, organizing & assembling orders, and properly packing website & wholesale orders for shipment across the U.S. and Canada
- Assist with preparation work to support production, assembly, and shipping functions
- Assist with monitoring supply levels for production & shipping teams & flagging supplies to be restocked
- Provide assistance & support in other areas of the business as needed
-Typical schedule will be between Monday and Thursday, 10am-4pm and some Fridays during busy seasons (Mother’s Day, Christmas, and others as needed). Hours and days of the week may vary throughout the year.
- Some holidays may be required
- Must be fully available during November & December and April & May (outside of Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day), as these are our busiest months of the year. We cannot accommodate extensive time off during these periods.
Enjoy a competitive hourly wage, relaxed dress code, a creative working atmosphere, flexible schedule, occasional company-sponsored lunches, and some Friday’s off! No stuffy cubicles, office gossip or uncomfortable business professional dress codes here!
The Key Skills
- Proficiency in basic jewelry production skills
- Able to effectively work with hand tools to assemble jewelry
- Knowledge of Shopify & ShippingEasy are a plus
- High attention to detail
- Obsessed with accuracy
- Able to easily work independently and as part of a group
- Highly organized & efficient with workspace & time
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to take ownership of responsibilities
- Able to easily adapt & change tasks as business needs evolve
- Report to business owner
- Work alongside a small team of amazing, hardworking people
The Right Person will:
- Have reliable transportation
- Be punctual and arrive to work on time daily
- Have at least 3-4 years of previous work experience, preferably in retail, manufacturing, or e-commerce
- Have a cheerful, positive demeanor
- Have a strong interest in jewelry, fashion, & accessories
- Have a crafty & creative side
- Be comfortable & confident using hand tools to create jewelry & operating a laser engraver
- Be eager to get in on the ground floor with a small, growing business & be dedicated to the position long term
This position will start as a part time position with the potential for full time employment/increased hours in the next 6-12 months. We’re a small but growing company, so opportunities to move up may become available in the future.
How to Apply:
If you meet all of the above requirements and think you would be a good fit, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Studio Assistant” in the subject line along with a paragraph or two on why you’re the best fit for this position. Please DO NOT send resume to any other email address or via social media.